Sunday, November 22, 2009

Wikis

For this assignment we and had an opportunity to explore the use of wikis. I have used wikis in my classrooms in the past.  http://ohs-nemonator-msu.pbworks.com/ was a wiki that I used a couple of years ago in my Engineering I classes.   We worked on a collaborative project with Michigan State University called Nemo.  Nemo was a robotic fish that used a new polymer to propel itself. Our takes were to program, build and design a fish that we could control wirelessly through a computer.  I used the wiki as a means for the classes to communicate as well as to share information about out progress.

Next using  Wikipedia we were  to add on or create a page for the school we taught at. Okemos High School was already on Wikipedia so I added a link to the high school robotics team. I have included a image of my addition.


Wikipedia Screen Capture

No comments:

Post a Comment