Tuesday, July 27, 2010

GIS/Mapping Activity

For this activity I chose to do option 2:

Come up with an idea for a lesson in which your students would create their own maps.

I have a couple of ideas that came to my mind for an idea for a lesson Where students Create maps.

Idea 1: Renewable Projects in the State of Michigan (Engineering)

Idea 2: House Style/Architecture of city or State (Architecture)

For both projects it would reinforce content already taught.  Students would use Google maps to locate renewable energy projects in the state/House styles in our town.  Students could take there own pictures and geotag them in Picasa and add them to their map.  The could also add a video taken from there phone and upload it to YouTube and add it to their map.  I have in the past used Google Earth where students go on a guided architecture tour of the world so I think it would be cool to have them design their own architectural/renewable energy tour!

I will post a map ASAP!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=106423828449163787505.00048c7951e2d3e3c297b&ll=43.179144,-84.405212&spn=1.295824,3.164062&z=9

1 comment:

  1. At such a wonderful moment, I came to your blog. I like what's introduced in your blog. To have the opportunity to talk with you. Also welcome you to visit my blog and have some advice. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete