Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Google Sites

My site is a take on a WebQuest that I do in my Engineering I class.  I have students pick a college or university and then pick an undergraduate major related to engineering.  Students then are grouped together and create a PowerPoint presentation for a group of high school seniors to persuade them to come to their school. You can find information on the WebQuest HERE.  However, I thought of having students create websites instead.  I would still included a presentation aspect and have them present the material to the class using their website, but have students also pick which website they thought was the best. 

I created a very simplified website that I started for a small example.  I did the title page and the the About Mechanical Engineering page.  You can view the site HERE

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan. I like the lay out. But how did you pick your colors? HaHa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the idea of the website. I think it is more appropriate for the amount of text that seems to be necessary to fully describe the content. I have done a similar assignment with my students about drafting-related careers, and describing the college is a part of it, but also includes information about working conditions, salary, and area businesses. They obtain a lot of information from the Occupational Outlook Handbook and Bureau of Labor Statistics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the nice basic outline and the links are very easy to follow. There's a house in Lawton with the same basic colors--wonder if there's connection?
    Margie

    ReplyDelete